Technically Invisible

Welcome to my Technically Invisible support page.   You’ve basically entered through a Secret Back Door of our classroom blog – Third Graders, Dreaming Big. I’ve designed this page (and the categories below it –>) to help support the ideas and strategies I provide in my workshops.  I’m still working on the organization of where to find everything – but feel free to poke around while I arrange the furniture.  Your questions, comments and suggestions are always welcome!

____________________________________________________________________

Media Cart Ideas

Interacting with the White Board

Stationery Studio

Ta-Da Links

Workshop Feedback Form

Reading Skills & Strategies

MTA EdTalks

Music Moves Us!!

____________________________________________________

:)

Also — feel free to join our Facebook Fan page — click on the FB pic!

______________________________________

Comments
  • Trevor H.:

Congratulations on your award Mrs. Brooks! The pictures are really nice. You deserve it. Love, Trevor

• Suzy Brooks:

Awwwwwww, thank you, Trevor! It is such a cool place to visit for a conference! The Patriot’s Place “museum” is really fun, if you haven’t been there before… Put it on your list of things to do :) . See you tomorrow!!
      Love,
      Mrs. Brooks

• popped by your blog from the Pinteresting Teacher Blogs link.
    That contest is such a neat concept!
    I set up my Pinteresting Teacher Blogs board:
    http://pinterest.com/f5th/pinteresting-teacher-blogs/
    Hope that you will pop by to see my newest Pinterest board, as well as my other Pinterest boards!
    Would love to win! Love your blog!
    Want to come back to learn more about being tech savvy.
    Colleen

• Suzy Brooks:

Hi Colleen,

I LOVE Pinterest and am finding all kinds of ways to enhance my teaching, and student learning through its use! Good luck in the contest – what a great prize! I appreciate your stopping by and leaving a comment, and I’m now following you on Pinterest as well.

Take care,
      Suzy

• Thea:

I have been blogging for a few years now, but I have not been very good at keeping up my teacher blog, (I have 3). My class one gets the most updates, then the personal. However, after reading your blog and enthusiasm (much like my own) for technology in the classroom is very exciting!

Thank you for sharing in this giveaway on Pinterest. I would say that 85-90% of the ideas have used in my room this year, came from Pinterest. I will definitely be following your blog.

• Suzy Brooks:

Aw, Thea – thank you for your kind words. I love using my blog as part of my classroom culture, and have come to believe that I could not teach without it! You have some great ideas on your Teacher’s Pet blog – keep sharing and folks will keep checking out what you’re up to! I appreciate your taking the time to stop by and say hello – my students love to see new comments!
      Take care and enjoy the second half of your school year!
      Dream Big,
      Suzy

• Lil Templeman:

Even if I don’t win a $200 giftcard, I’m already a winner b/c I found your blog! I can’t wait to explore. Thanks!

• Suzy Brooks:

Awwwww, Lil! That’s the sweetest thing to say! Welcome, and I’m so glad you left a comment! Good luck to you!!

Dream Big,
      Suzy

• Love your blog! You have so many great ideas!

I have given you an award…come on over and check it out!

Jessica
    The Polka-dotted Teacher

• Suzy Brooks:

Thanks, Jessica! Love your blog, too – you have a ton of super ideas! :)

Have a great summer!
      Suzy

• Hi there!
    I found your pinterest board on flipped classrooms. I looked for an email for you but only found your blog. Which is also awesome by the way! I am also a third grade teacher who is currently flipping my classroom. I have created a website as my grad school project that I would love to share with you. I graduate in May with my Master’s in Instructional Technology. I am really loving my flip and am really enjoying collaborating and meeting others who are interested in this topic. Please check me out at http://www.myflippedclassroom.weebly.com. Here you can also access my school website where you can see the implementation in action. I’d love to hear from you more where maybe we could share some ideas?
    Jennifer

• Suzy Brooks:

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for stopping by and for saying hello! I have not been flipping my classroom the way that I originally thought I would be. I’ve been calling it Spinning, because “traditional” flipping just doesn’t fit our classroom needs. I created a small series of videos to share with students in school, and to use for review, or students who are absent. I need to create more. Additionally, students have been creating their own videos using their iPads, and then I’ve been watching those at home for the purposes of assessment and lesson planning. Spinning has changed learning in our classroom in a positive way.

I visited both of your website – and they are super! You and your students have done a great job implementing videos into your teaching and learning. Feel free to share anytime – my email address is on the Contact page here on the blog. :)

Take care,
      Suzy