Learn from Louise
~Our lives are like quilts – bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love~
This is a bit of an activity page — take a look at the photos below, choose a block, and then answer 2-3 questions by submitting a comment at the bottom, or bringing your work to school…..
Now – choose a few questions to answer…
1. Is this a 4-patch or a 9-patch? Or, is it unique in some way? Explain.
2. Draw this quilt block on paper using a pencil, a ruler, and crayons for color.
3. Draw this block using a computer drawing program.
4. Use pattern blocks to recreate this block (or part of it). Take a photo!
5. Is this quilt symmetrical? Why or why not?
6. How is this quilt block different or similar from others you’ve seen?
7. Describe how this quilt block makes you feel – and why!
8. How many different shapes do you see? Make a chart listing them.
9. Explain why you think this quilt block is named the way it is.
10. Choose a different name for this block and tell why.
11. Estimate the number of stitches in this quilt. Why?
12. How many different fabrics were used? Describe them!