From Mullen-Hall, to Town Hall
I thought I would share some pretty exciting news… This Thursday I will be participating in NBC News’ Education Nation Town Hall at the Media Lab at MIT in Cambridge. The folks at NBC have been holding Town Hall discussions all over the country, to talk about important ideas in education. I was asked to sit on a panel to discuss how technology is influencing creativity and innovation in schools.
The discussion will be moderated by NBC News Chief Education Correspondent Rehema Ellis with help from NBC News Special Correspondent Chelsea Clinton and WHDH 7News Anchor Kim Khazei. The event will be streamed live on educationnation.com at 3PM on Thursday, and will air on WHDH 7News Boston on Sunday, September 23.
Panel 1: Digital Divide, Equity, and Access:
• Michael Horn, Executive Director, Education, Innosight Institute / Author, Disrupting Class: How Disruptive Innovation Will Change the Way the World Learns
• Jim Shelton, Assistant Deputy Secretary for Innovation and Improvement, U.S. Department of Education
• Valeria Silva, Superintendent, Saint Paul Public Schools, Minnesota
Panel 2: Technology Solutions:
• Suzy Brooks, Elementary School Teacher, Falmouth, MA
• Mitchel Resnick, LEGO Papert Professor of Learning Research and Head of the Lifelong Kindergarten Group, MIT Media Laboratory
• Joel Rose, Co-Founder and CEO, New Classrooms Innovation Partners
I’m truly honored to be included, and thrilled to participate!!
I have 4 shoe boxes to hold extra clothes in student cubbies. They will go to the first four “takers”.
Mark your calendar!! Meet the Teacher Night is next Wednesday evening at 6pm. I look forward to meeting all of you!
Yes, it is true. Your child can eat snack at any point during the day. No sharing, no swapping. Please bring a refillable water bottle to school each day, as well