Lawrence Wave

Lawrence School Online Newspaper

Lawrence Wave header image 2

World Without Fish

June 12th, 2011 · No Comments · Articles

World Without Fish
Book Review by Jack Koss

World without Fish, by Mark Kurlansky, is definitely a very entertaining book, and from the first page to the last I couldn’t stop reading. This is a non- fiction book about a world without fish, so you can definitely judge this book by its cover because it’s exactly about a world without fish! In this book the author talks about  the disaster of overfishing and pollution, “Most of the fish we know could be gone in the next fifty years.” This got me hooked and it made me want to read more and learn more about this very little-known problem. This book includes the history of fishing, stats and numbers about fish and fishing methods, and much more. Mark Kurlansky also includes resources and organizations that you can contact if you want to learn more.

I would recommend this book to anyone who loves the ocean, fishing, or science, but if you don’t, it is still a great book to read. Also this book is a very easy book to read because it has lots of pictures and comics. This book is recommended for ages nine and up because some of the facts even scared me. Also, World Without Fish has ways that you can watch your seafood diet; a “Seafood Diet” is when you don’t eat certain fish that are endangered.
Overall, I loved this book and would recommend it to anybody, ages 9-90, with a love of science, the ocean, and fishing. Even if you don’t love any of those subjects I still recommend it, because it is great book with facts, pictures, and even comics, and a great message to the everyone who eats!

Tags:

No Comments so far ↓

Like gas stations in rural Texas after 10 pm, comments are closed.