Lawrence Wave

Lawrence School Online Newspaper

Lawrence Wave header image 2

Math with Mrs. Mulvey

March 10th, 2010 · No Comments · Archives

By Jamie Driscoll

This past week I talked to and emailed Mrs. Mulvey, the new Team 1 math teacher. I asked her to answer a few questions for me.

When I asked how she liked teaching full time so far, she said she really enjoyed full time teaching at the Lawrence School. Mrs. Mulvey also told me that her first impressions of Lawrence were extraordinary. “The Lawrence teachers and staff members truly care about each student and hold all of them to high expectations,” said Mrs. Mulvey.

I inquired if she thought full-time teaching was harder than substituting, she explained to me that she thought full-time teaching was much harder. Mrs. Mulvey said that being a full-time teacher you must prepare class work and grade papers not just at school, but at home, too. Mrs. Mulvey has a degree in mechanical engineering, and loves both math and science. Before having kids Mrs. Mulvey did everything from working at Northrop Corporation helping build navigational systems for naval nuclear submarines, to designing “Smart Homes,” and being a ski and tour guide in Switzerland.

As some of you may know, Mrs. Mulvey is a very enthusiastic hockey player. She plays on two different teams. Her team, The Cape Cod Black Dogs won over thirty games and won the National Championship in both 2007 and 2008. Mrs. Mulvey also really enjoys watching her four kids play sports. When I asked Mrs. Mulvey why she became a teacher she replied, “It is a great way for me to share my interests in math and science with children.”

Mrs. Mulvey also has a shout-out for anyone who wants to get an A in her class. “Do your homework and show your work!”

Tags:

No Comments so far ↓

Like gas stations in rural Texas after 10 pm, comments are closed.