Open Book @ Lawrence Library

Julia Jones plays Leah Clearwater in Eclipse

January27

Actress Julia Jones,  featured on the cover of the “g” section of the Boston Globe (January 29, 2010), has ties to Cape Cod. She grew up in the Jamaica Plain area of Boston, summered on the Cape, and attended Boston Latin School.

The actress, who has Native American roots, was involved in theater and dance as a child. In the article she talks about how strenuous it was to play the role of Leah Clearwater in the third movie of  “The Twilight Saga: Eclipse“,  due to come out on June 30.

Click on the following link  Julia Jones plays Leah Clearwater  to read the entire article:

posted under Book Club events
5 Comments to

“Julia Jones plays Leah Clearwater in Eclipse”

1. On January 28th, 2010 at 3:43 pm Callie Says:

Yes! They’re not putting Vanessa An Hudgens as Leah! This was the first thought that came into my mind when I opened the link. Before New Moon came out, my older sister told me about a rumor that Vanessa An Hudgens would be playing Leah. I didn’t like the idea of that, and I’m glad that they didn’t choose her. What’s also pretty cool is that the character is from Boston. Maybe there’s a chance that we could meet her. Also, the actress looks the part. She has short hair, just like most of the werewolves do, and she has that tough character look that Leah does. I’m glad with the choice.

2. On January 30th, 2010 at 10:03 am Monique Says:

That is so cool. I have always wanted a movie star to be from Cape Cod. I can’t wait for Eclipse to come out, I am so excited. Does anyone else know other famous people that have ties to the Cape?

3. On February 2nd, 2010 at 5:13 pm Liam Lanahan Says:

Hey Monique, Emeril Lagasse is from around here but not sure exactly where. I know he also had his first restaurant around here but again don’t know where. Hope this helped! (:

4. On February 3rd, 2010 at 1:49 pm kbotelho Says:

…and Rachel Ray spent some of her childhood on Cape Cod too. I wonder how many other celebrities have ties to the Cape?

5. On May 24th, 2010 at 6:56 pm Monique Says:

Thanks Liam and kbotelho for your help. I think is so cool that famous people are from right around where we live.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Spam Protection by WP-SpamFree