Open Book @ Lawrence Library

Twilight: the Graphic Novel

January25

There is an exclusive first look of Stephenie Meyer’s new graphic novel in the current issue  of the magazine Entertainment Weekly (1/29/10), which can be found in the Lawrence School Library. The article features a brief interview with the author and 10 pages of the graphic adaptation of  Twilight: The Graphic Novel .  The 224-page book, based more upon the original novel than the movie, is due out on March 16.

So what do you Twihards think about this? Would you go out and buy this new graphic version for $19.99 and read it or do you think that you have reread the first book and seen the movie so many times by now that you could recite the lines in your sleep?

To read more about the graphic novel, click on the Publishers Weekly link below:

http://pwbeat.publishersweekly.com/blog/2010/01/20/the-big-onetwilight-gn-gets-350000-first-printing/

5 Comments to

“Twilight: the Graphic Novel”

1. On January 26th, 2010 at 9:42 am Monique Says:

I don’t know if I would go out and buy the graphic novel, but I would definitely borrow it from a library and read it. I love to read the graphic novel and the book. I love how in the graphic novel they give you pictures but in the book they just give you descriptions. I wouldn’t buy it, but I would read it.

2. On January 26th, 2010 at 3:45 pm Callie Says:

I would probably buy the book, just to look at a more prettier picture of Edward. In the movie, he is horribly ugly, at least to me. In the graphic novel, he’s semi-hot. I also like sketching characters

3. On January 27th, 2010 at 10:14 am kbotelho Says:

I will definitely buy the book for our school library.

4. On January 28th, 2010 at 9:41 am Callie Says:

Ah! I never got to finish! I’m also looking forward to seeing Jacob, who of course is soooooooooooo much better than Edward. I’ll probably wait for the library to get it though, because I’ll probably be buying ‘Fang’ which comes out the day before (Max Ride series).

5. On March 25th, 2010 at 3:30 pm kbotelho Says:

I’ve read it and it is much better than I anticipated it would be. The text remains faithful to the book, and so it is fun to read it and to pick out some of the lines that were omitted from the movie. It is now available in our library.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Spam Protection by WP-SpamFree