Cotuit Center for the Arts

On Friday, January 15th, our class ventured off on a field trip to the Cotuit Center for the Arts to get an up-close look at their current exhibit, “First Things First.” This exhibit, being presented by the Arts Foundation of Cape Cod, featured the works of over 50 Cape Cod artists. These works explored what the artists felt were “those things that are most important to them”. All of the art work was displayed at 4ft., just perfect for student viewing! Groups examined the pieces, asked questions and made insightful comments. ¬†Each child also worked in the studio to create a multi-media art project that included a weaving component. Finally, students worked as individuals, in pairs or in groups to complete a museum scavenger hunt.

Thanks to our chaperones/drivers! We would not have been able to experience this without you! It was a great visit and I would recommend checking this (free!) exhibit out as a family. The Cotuit Center for the Arts is open Mondays-Saturdays from 10:00-5:00 P.M.

9 Responses to “Cotuit Center for the Arts”

1. mahima says on :

i love the pics of this!!!!!!!!!

2. josh kutcher says on :

my fav. was the face of junk

3. maya says on :

I loved the artwork!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. mahima says on :

ya maya i agree with you i like the artwork too!!!!!!!!
    keep up the good things ms.s

5. DUKE says on :

I love all of artwork also the ospray.

6. Mahima says on :

i really like the face one when its angry!!

7. maya says on :

The art was so unique!!!!

8. aidan w. says on :

i wish i could have gone to the cotuit art center :)

9. hsawyer says on :

I know, Aidan. I bet you had fun doing your special “field trip” though. Right? ;)