Last Post

Rio, Aug 2011

Got home this afternoon to a beautiful Cape Cod day. Everything is green, it’s warm and sunny. Kathleen and I both commented on the way home that it’s like a different world here; both places¬†great – but so drastically different. There’s no place like home!

We explored Rio for two days – saw the Christ the Redeemer statue (above), Maracana Stadium, the Sambadrome (where Carnivale ends), Copacabana Beach… We stayed on Ipanema Beach. (If I were tall & tan and young & lovely – I could BE the girl from Ipanema, but…).

It was a fabulous trip. I met wonderful people, explored beautiful places and have come to appreciate the comforts of home like you wouldn’t believe!

Thanks to Kathleen and Paul at WHRC and all the IPAM people too.  I learned a lot and have many ideas how to bring my new-found knowledge back to my classroom.

Thanks to everyone who read about my adventures here (and especially those of you who commented – I didn’t feel so isolated). I’ll be posting a link to my pictures as soon as I organize them (there are over 1200!!!)

Obrigada.

P.S. while flipping through the TV channels Sunday night after dinner, what did I come upon? Red Sox vs Yankees – Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN!!! (in Portuguese!)