We made it!

The bus ride from Goiania to Canarana was long but uneventful and relatively comfortable. I slept on and off the whole ride. Got there at 9am. Paul (from WHRC) meet us in Canarana, took us to breakfast, to the supermarket and to meet Maristela, who is an educational consultant to IPAMĀ in Canarana and is coordinating my visits to local schools next week.

Finally made it to the ranch for lunch at noon, then dressed in long pants, long sleeve t. Don’t forget to tuck socks in pants and boots – don’t forget the snake chaps, sunglasses and hat. Placed a few “Critter Cams” to capture images of whatever may pass them in the forest. Will check on then later in the week.

Paul and Kathleen swam in the reservoir near the compound while I acted as “lifeguard”. It’s 8pm now and I’m really tired. Will add more tomorrow.

Comments
  • Jose:

Glad to hear you’re there safe and sound. Wicked jealous that you got to see the big Jesus in real life!

What’s it like in Canarana? Hot? What are you eating? Anything new/exciting/overly Brazilian? What kind of critters have you seen??

I didn’t realize I had so many questions. Looking forward to the next post!

• Linda:

So glad you made it! You’ve earned your flying wings. I only missed a flight once – Milan to Venice. We were at the gate, but the flight crew had closed the airplane door so they wouldn’t let us on. Hope you are taking lots of pictures so you can show them to us at cards. You are having a real local culture adventure. So exciting!!!! Looking forward to hearing about your classroom experiences.

• Allison:

glad to hear you made it. Mom will be happy to hear too, she’s been asking if i have heard from you…so…i’ll report back!
    fyi sox wont tonight. ol blood and guts on dl finally boohoo!!!!. I’ll check back wit you 2moro. Enjoy!!!

• Kristin:

I would like to see a picture of someone in snake chaps!! Glad that you finally made it safe and sound.